Thursday, July 30, 2009

Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge #10

Hi everyone,

Although I haven't published anything since last week's challenge, I have been busily creating and can't wait to publish some pics, which I will be able to do once the Spring Mini catalogue begins this Saturday!

This week I've entered Makeesha's Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge #10 - here is the inspiration photo:


I took my inspiration from the colours, texture and pattern of the bed linen. I chose Basic Black, Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Basic Grey and More Mustard. Here's my card:




I have used the tape measure stamp from 'Totally Tool' (or 'Totally Tools' if you go by the catalogue!) and coloured it with More Mustard ink. The white panel has been mounted onto Taken with Teal and More Mustard cardstock. Although it is hard to see in the photo, I have dry embossed a diamond pattern onto the black cardstock at the top, using my bone folder and a ruler. The DSP at the bottom is Basic Grey (from the current Hostess Patterns Pack) and I have added twill tape, Basic Grey taffeta ribbon, jumbo eyelets, antique brass brads and paper piercing for embellishment.
I'm happy with how it looks in real life, but once again less than thrilled with my photography! Helpful tips welcomed - I am trying daylight, no flash etc but not really getting anywhere :).

Back in a moment with some birthday cards,
Genelle.

1 comment:

  1. That's a fabulous card, I much prefer yours to mine!!! The colours are great & the grey DSP is perfect. Well done with the bone scorer, whenever I try that I end up all wonky. Great job,
    Fi xox

    ReplyDelete