Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas in July

Hi,

I've never been a fan of the whole 'Christmas in July' idea (I can eat yummy winter food all year round, lol), but quite a few Christmas cards are appearing in blogland and when I saw the colour combo for Makeesha's latest Colour Challenge, I decided a Christmas card would be the way to go! Here are the colours:
And here is what I came up with:



Now although I had the correct cardstock colours, I don't have any of these ink colours, so all the images (from 'Season of Joy') have been stamped in VersaMark. The background image was left plain, and the tree and flowers were clear embossed. The greeting was embossed in silver. I layered the tree with dimensionals onto a Very Vanilla scallop medallion, which I came across on the very talented Nancy Riley's blog. You can find the details here. The medallion is layered onto Always Artichoke and Rose Red, with a silver star brad (non SU) at the top. I cut a tag for the greeting and adhered it to the Always Artichoke ribbon with a silver brad. The Rose Red flowers are also popped up on dimensionals. The embossing looks beautiful and glossy in reality, and I enjoyed playing with my new Heat Tool too.

Thanks Keesh for the challenge, and the inspiration to get my Christmas cards started early!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Christmas creation Genelle! The embossing on the tree definitely has a fabulous effect! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete