Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Is it that time already?

Hi all,

Spring has definitely sprung here in central Queensland - the weather is perfect at the moment, and along with all of my new goodies arriving from the new Idea Book & Catalogue, it is a wonderful yet busy time of the year! I am also heading off to Regional training this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to. I can't wait to show you all the swaps I receive!

It is also the time of year when Christmas cards begin to make a more frequent appearance in blogland and on my desk. Here is a quick and effective card I designed for a Make & Take at a workshop on the weekend:

Some of the ladies changed the position of the central image and it looked great as well. You could easily choose a different ornament image (from Delightful Decorations), and swap a different colour for the Real Red, to have a variety of Christmas cards on hand. I am going to try this with the great little Christmas Greetings set as well.

This card features the new In Colours with Very Vanilla & Sahara Sand, the gorgeous new Just Believe stamp set, new Beautiful Wings embosslit, new Modern Label punch and new pearl jewels:

This one is so cute - I love owls and the new Owl punch is so much fun. I have made a paperclip bookmark, using giant paperclips from Big W. I love that I can match the colours from the awesome new colour collections - this one is Blushing Bride, one of the In Colours:


You can view a tutorial on how to make an owl bookmark paperclip at Chic n' Scratch by Angie Kennedy Juda, here.
I think that Poppy Parade is going to be my new favourite colour! You can see just a smidge on the owl (the heart) and the largest butterfly on the second card.
I am off now to complete my swaps! Have a great week,
Genelle.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Christmas card, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Have just ordered the Just Believe set ... and am holding my breath waiting for it to arrive! Sweet samples, Genelle! Just wish I had some time to stamp! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete