Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #21 - Birthday Cheers

Hi all,

I have been very busy these past two weeks, stamping and creating - mostly for my Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue launch last weekend. I will try to get my creations photographed and posted here tomorrow.


I had a chance today to join in Keesh's Inkspirations Challenge - this week it is a Sketch Challenge:

Here is the card I created:

I was inspired by some of the Design Team's creations which featured the sentiment on the curly label. I used my brand new Movers & Shapers die, with the Curly Label magnetic piece, to cut a card from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I used the offcut label as a mat for my punched Curly Label piece. Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE how Stampin' Up's products coordinate so perfectly?! (lol).

I have used the Sweet Always DSP on my Regal Rose card base. The cocktail image has been coloured with coordinating markers and I added some Pink supernova glitter and Crystal Effects on the glass and cherry. I used a metal edge tag for my circle and have finished the card with Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose ribbon and some pumpkin rhinestone brads.

Supplies:

Stamps: Cheers to You, Teeny Tiny Sentiments

Cardstock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Sweet Always DSP

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red

Accessories: Wide double-stitched Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Circle Fire brads, Big Shot, Movers & Shapers Curly Label die, metal edge tag, 1 3/4" circle punch, curly label punch, Tombow mono adhesive, Fine Supernova glitter, paper piercer, mat pack, dimensionals.

This card is already in its recipient's letterbox and hopefully being opened as I post this!
Make sure you pop over to check out the other entries, and pop back here later this week if you'd like to see what I've been up to!
Genelle.

10 comments:

  1. That is so cute, I love the colours & the cocktail looks fab. I want the movers & shakers Die too, love that it goes with the curly label punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love this Genelle. The colours and the bit of bling are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Genelle

    This is such a lovely card, I really do love that Sweet Always paper, my problem is I have so much paper, I forgot to use it all. And then someone like you makes it look so great....I have to go and dig it out :)
    I love the way you used the curly label punch and die and your ribbon looks really great too.
    Have a lovely week.
    Lee-Anne
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Genelle,

    what a happy, bright card, perfect for a birthday. Love your use of the metal tag it mades a great frame for the cocktail :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed! I love this. Even if I am not a fan of that stamp set. You have made it look awesome!
    Cheers, Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! Love it to bits, gj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Genelle. Love the bling! Makes the card "pop". I'm with Lee-Anne ... one of my fav paper packs - Sweet Always! Love the way you have set the phrase piece! Thanks for checking out my submission. It is lovely to have you visit! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card - reminds me of a tropical holiday with that drink. Very cute. Lovely job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colour combo and that cocktail looks sooo yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful card Genelle, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete