Sunday, January 17, 2010

Calendar Challenge - January

Hi again,

I'm having a great time creating this weekend - it's nice to have some time to stamp (and actually post it here, too!).

I was really excited when I saw that Susan Joyce is hosting a Monthly Calendar Challenge this year - the theme for January is Let's Party - Celebrate the New Year. You can check out all the details here and join in the fun!

I wanted my calendar to be functional as well as fun, so I have decided to make a 6" x 6" scrapbook page to go along with each calendar page. At least then by the end of this year, I will have done a bit of scrapping as well! But to start off, here's my calendar page:

We spent New Year's Eve away on holidays at my parents' place, and watched the early fireworks from their backyard, so I decided to use the little starburst from Hello Again to represent fireworks, and I've added some rhinestones. The colours were inspired from the fireworks colours on the night.

Stamps: Occasions for All, Hello Again
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Confetti White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Circle punches, star punches, chipboard numbers, sponge dauber, rhinestones, dimensionals, star button (given to me on New Year's Eve!), stamp-a-ma-jig, mini glue dots.
Calendar Template is from Cat on Splitcoaststampers, here.

Thanks Susan for a fantastic challenge,
Genelle.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Genelle,
    Love how you have used the stars and their colours to interpret the fireworks at New Year.
    Thanks for playing along and being the first to join in.

    ReplyDelete