Thursday, October 8, 2009

Inspiration Challenge #13 - To You

Hi,

I have just scraped in this week with Keesh's Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge #13. I have been very busy. Here is the Inspiration pic:
And my creation:


I used the colours and the shapes for my inspiration - the white space, rounded corners and red floral images, as well as the hint of chocolate (coffee beans) and saffron.

The base flower image was embossed in white onto gloss cardstock and then I brayered Ruby Red ink over the top. The top flower was stamped in Ruby Red and VersaMark and clear embossed before being coloured with my Ruby Red marker. I have added Ruby Red brads to the centre and layered the flowers and the main image panel with dimensionals.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Best Yet, Bella's Border (wheel)
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Ruby Red, Whisper White, Gloss White, Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP
Ink: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, VersaMark
Accessories: Choc Chip double-stitched ribbon, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Ruby Red brads, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, brayer, corner rounder punch, dimensionals.

Hope you enjoy it,
Genelle.

P.S. I also wanted to say a big hello to Jo, who always leaves lovely comments on my blog (hers is one that my computer has issues with, which I mentioned last week). I usually email but can't find your address anywhere Jo! So, Hi and thanks - I love looking at your creations!

7 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card Genelle, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful design! I love all the layers.

    Gorgeous blog too!

    Danielle
    http://sites.google.com/site/danielledawsdesigns/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely card Genelle, and best of all you can use the card for just about any occasion

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is just gorgeous Genelle, i love those flowers and what you have done with them. Magic!!
    Sally :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Genelle. I love the alternate white/red flowers! THanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genelle, this is a sweet card - I particularly love the bella's border beneath the ribbon and the sentiment panel. (Sorry that it's taken me awhile to check out this challenge - that's what happens when you try to mix coffee and a keyboard - the don't mix - ha ha),Jo
    And, if that's me that you are referring to in your PS - thanks for your kind comments, I've enjoyed blog searching since I've discovered this world, and it's wonderful to see everyone else's creations.

    ReplyDelete